Friday, June 29, 2012

Refinished Dresser

Had a lot of time on my hands today and decided to tackle a dresser I picked up at a yard sale for 27.50 a couple weeks ago.   Here is what I started with.






I removed all the hardware, sanded off the loose paint,  and made some repairs to the base of the dresser where it had some separation issues.  Then I just gave the whole thing a fresh coat of paint, and went back over it with a sander to soften brush stroke lines (which I could use some work one, truth be known), and took off some areas of paint where the wood was rough.  I used a distress ink to add some color to the wear spots on the top and sides of the dresser, though it turned out more pink than I wanted and I ended up sanding it back down.


  On the drawers, I took my sander to the edges and corners and re exposed the natural wood underneath and opted not to distress it any further as I really liked the wood showing through.



  And I LOVE the hardware on this piece.




  Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it and it took about 5 hours from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment