Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lace Painted Barstool

Picked up this ugly old bar stool at a yard sale for $1.00.  Yay!!!!  Gonna have some fun with it.

 
 
 
 



First thing I did  was tighten up the screws on the metal band so the stool was stable and sanded down any rough spots on the stool.  Then I used a Brushed Copper spray paint and repainted the aluminum bar.







Then I used an off white semi-gloss to repaint the entire stool.





Now, the fun part.  I taped a lace doilie to the top of the stool and used the Brushed Copper spray paint to spray over the doilie.  I immediately pulled the doilie off once I was done spraying so it wouldn't dry to the stool - spray paint dries fairly quickly.  I used a small brush and the off white paint to cover any over spray from the copper outside of the lace edge.  And this is what I ended up with.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment